Lutheran Youth Organization
The Lutheran Youth Organization (LYO) of the NC Synod is open to all youth in grades 6-12. Youth are members by virtue of being a member of any NC Synod ELCA congregation.
Every year, Lutheran youth across North Carolina gather in February for an assembly. At LYO Assembly, youth spend time with each other in small groups, singing with the band and growing in faith.
The strength of LYO in North Carolina comes from the youth themselves. LYO is always youth-planned and youth-led. Adult advisors work hard to create an environment that nurtures and grows faith and develops all youth as leaders.
LYO 2021 Assembly Details
- Theme: BE
- ...the change ...the difference ...the church ...love ...you
- Key Verse: Micah 6:8 NRSV — "He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
- Dates: April 17-18, 2021
- View Schedule
- Location: Virtual via Zoom
- Cost: $25 per person (includes an LYO t-shirt and mask!)
Tell It! Video Contest
- The synod’s Engage the Bible Task Group challenges youth groups to get creative & film their retelling of a Bible story.
- The top 3 submissions will be shown and voted on by youth at the LYO Assembly.
- Enter for a chance to earn cash prizes for your youth group!
- 2021 Submissions Due by March 10
The 2021 LYO Board has selected the Racial Justice Network of NC Synod as the recipient of offering donations given during the 2021 LYO Assembly.
Give Online Here - Select 'Leadership/Discipleship' fund and enter 'LYO Offering' in the memo
Adult and Small Group Leader Information
2021 Members: Audrey Ansel, Macy Johnson, Gillian Kepley, Jenna Ramsey, Sophie Schwartz, Nelson Wiggins, Brooke Youngman
Adult Advisors: Kai Thurow, Cathryn Hewett, Deacon Tammy Jones West
2021 Members: Mattie Green, Hayden Huhn, Henley Huhn, Caroline King, Rylee Klinger, Samantha Melton, Michael Mitchum, Ella Reeve, Kaela Grace Rochester
Adult Advisors: Pastor Ethan Overcash, Pastor Andrew Buck, Pastor Emily Norris